Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What I learned from my picture dilemma

Where has time gone?  I cannot believe we have only six days left in January!  As promised, I will share what I learned from my picture dilemma of late.   The underlying problems were my desire to take advantage of a special promotion on pictures in a local store and my pride for which reason I wanted to "do it on my own."   My gut told me I wasn't sure what I was doing, and I should have stopped.   This would have saved me money and  heartache.  Not to mention that I would've had my developed pictures in hand by now and all of my 231 photos would still be 100% intact.  When you consider the monetary cost of the recovery effort ($50), I might as well have ceased efforts at my on-line order that night. So much for saving money!  I need to learn to be patient and wait on those who can help me, even if they aren't available to assist immediately.

Now that we've talked about the root problems, let's get technical.  I thought I had learned as an adult that "There is always a way" to solve a problem.  Too bad that didn't occur to me before I took five pictures using the same memory card I'd just erased!  If I hadn't done so, the recovery effort may have been more successful.   So, my first piece of advice is not to assume (as I mistakenly did) that "It's too late.   There's nothing that can be done now."  Second, do not use the affected medium (i.e. memory card, etc) in any way until you've had an opportunity to seek recovery of your photos.   While these steps seem rather basic, let me say that when one wants to take advantage of a better price than usual and wants to do everything without asking for help, the results can be disastrous!   More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment