Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Christmas Gift to Myself...

Greetings, all!  Well, winter finally arrived here in Chillicothe, Ohio last Friday, January 13th, and I find myself iced in today under a level 2 weather emergency!  This means time for scrap booking and enjoying coffee from my beloved Christmas gift to myself, a Keurig mini (personal-size) brewer!   When given money for Christmas in the past, I used to save it.   While seeing my mom enjoy her new Keurig brewer while home at Christmas, I found myself thinking "Hmmm.  I think I might want one of these for myself."  So, I used my Christmas money to buy my Keurig coffee brewer, which I've come to call "my little red fire engine."  I have no idea why I chose that nickname, except perhaps it created the excitement for me that a fire engine creates for the kids (both young and old) who receive them!  Or, it could be its cherry red color.   Anyway, what I love about my machine is that I can brew one cup of coffee at a time without the mess of cleaning up coffee grounds and everything else associated with a regular coffee maker.   A bonus is that I get to experience the "coffee house" aroma in my apartment.  I don't know about you, but I absolutely love the aroma of both a Starbucks store and the coffee aisle in the grocery store.  Not to mention that the cherry red color enhances my kitchen.   I would show you a picture of my brewer, but you know what happened with my latest pictures, and I'm not taking any chances with trying to move any more pictures until I have an expert at my side!    Enjoy your day, and stay safe in whatever weather conditions you've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment