Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Tags, Treats, and Trouble...

Some of you know all about the challenges I encountered in a Christmas tag swap in November.   The brief version is that I mailed twenty-two tags (intending to receive twenty different tags in return) to another state, only to receive my own tags back three weeks later due to human error.  In addition to sharing with you how I used my tags, I decided to post them here.  





I found myself thrilled to be "done" holiday shopping in early December, yet I kept browsing for more gifts for my family!  As a result, I needed more tags than I'd expected, and I attached my homemade tags to presents for my family.  I mailed some of my handmade tags  to some paper crafting buddies, and I will probably use one or both tags in my holiday scrap booking.  

As for treats, so much for me continuing to give up chocolate this holiday season.  I made it two days without chocolate and finally decided I could no longer resist those luscious homemade buckeyes, peanut butter bars, chocolate-covered pretzels, etc that stared me in the face each time I passed the dining room table!  No bad headaches so far.   Let's hope it stays that way.

I'd planned on discussing my kitty troubles today when I found myself having photo troubles as well.  After having lived in my current residence for greater than one year with no attempt by either of my cats to enter into the garage, that is exactly where Smokey ran today as I prepared some boxes for the dumpster!   Who ever would have thought after 18 months the cat would venture into the garage, of which I'd thought she was afraid?!  You need to understand something about Smokey in order to see why this concerns me; she is a very playful yet naughty cat who usually turns new tricks into daily games.   In other words, the whole garage thing may become a daily ordeal for Smokey and me! 

As for my photo troubles,  I accidentally deleted our family's Christmas pictures from my memory card tonight.   I am so sad to think that all of our memories of Christmas 2011 may be forever lost - that I may never again experience the joy or laughter I felt as I observed my family's reactions to receiving their goodies (or in some cases, gag gifts).  That is, unless one of my computer-savvy friends can help.   As I sign off tonight, I wish all of you and your loved ones a safe and blessed 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment