Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Confession of a "photo-holic"

Well, I learned something about myself today.  I confess that I really do take too many pictures!  Let me put this in perspective for you by sharing that I spent 1/2 hour (yes, thirty minutes) tonight deleting the duplicates (or should I say quadruplicates) of many pictures I felt so sure (at the time) were so necessary.   Don't get me wrong.  Pictures are very important in preserving and recalling memories, but when you have four to six shots of the same basic picture/theme/event...

For the first time ever, I can see why some of those around me have rolled their eyes, made facial expressions, and even verbally commented about the number of pictures I take!  I really need to work on two things:  deciding which pictures tell a story and limiting the number of shots I take. 

As for my deletion dilemma of the other night (1/2/12), I have consulted some computer savvy friends of mine.  So far, I have not been successful at recovering the lost photos.   Tomorrow after work I intend to drop off the affected memory card at a Chillicothe business that has several programs that can be run to help recover such photos.   I plan to share my lessons learned through this experience another time.  As for the picture recovery, I expect to know something later this week.  Last evening, the Lord gave me a sense of peace about the pictures.   I cannot explain that sense of peace nor say that my beloved photos will be recovered.  I can only hope that I will be able to accept the outcome (whether recovered or not).   As I sign off tonight, I ask for forgiveness from all of my family, friends, and felines who have been very patient as I've taken so many pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment