Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

Today as I walked the hallways between meetings at work, I thought how cool it would be if I could brainstorm a list of some of my favorite things.   Putting them in any order would require too much thought.   So, here is my list in no particular order.

1.  Smokey and Butterscotch, my beloved feline companions who greet me at the door after work (and not just b/c they want fed either)   Okay, ignore my comment above.  Of course, my feline friends are at the top of my list!  And they know it, too!   Check out their adorable photos at the end of this post.

2.  My Big Shots (One wasn't enough), the lovely die-cutting machines I purchased from Stampin' Up! and for that matter, the embossing folders and dies and everything that goes with them

3.  Journaling, journaling, journaling...I love to write!

4.  The peace and quiet of a summer evening in my neighborhood as I walk from the end of the road back to my apartment as dusk approaches

5.  Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate (My favorite is milk chocolate.)

6.   The luscious buckeye candies my mom made at Christmas...wishing I had some now!

7.  My personal Keurig coffee brewer, the aroma it leaves in my apartment as I brew each cup of coffee/tea, and the fact that I can drink as many different varieties as I desire in a given day in less than two minutes of brewing time per cup  (Did I mention it makes no mess to clean up?)

8.  Lying in bed on a steadily rainy (not thunderstorms) night

9.  The wonderful feeling I get as I drive home from work to my "new" (like going on two years old) apartment in what I refer to as "the country," as my friends chuckle, knowing that I haven't a clue what living in the country really is

10.  Apricot flips, butter cream frosting, Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi 

11.  Red Devil's food anything

12.  A peaceful evening in the Outer Banks without a care in the world (Of course I have cares - just fewer of them during vacation!)

13.  Pictures, pictures, pictures!  Did I mention I particularly enjoy discounts on my pictures?

14.  I told myself I had to stop when I reached a "Baker's dozen," but that just ain't happenin'.   One more thing...flipping through completed photo and scrap book albums and savoring memories.

Do you have any favorite things you'd like to share?  Leave a comment below.  

It just occurred to me that this list would make a great mini-album or theme album!  Like I need more things on my scrap booking "To Do" list!


No comments:

Post a Comment