Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Paper Crafting Mistake Turned Opportunity for Creativity...

Today I found myself a bit frustrated when in an effort to better adhere the inside of a card, I created a rather obvious fold in the journaling square!   Agh!  Such a perfect card for the perfect occasion.  But then I messed it up.   Or, so I thought.  I grabbed my scallop edge punch and some Pumpkin Pie card stock (which happens to be one of my favorite colors of Stampin' Up! products) and went to work.  I made a scallop border on both sides of a thin strip of Pumpkin Pie card stock, placed it over top the misplaced fold I'd created, and (Voila) the result was a nicer interior card than the original!   Hmmm...I might make this another one of my "trade marks" on my cards!  My result wasn't exactly a rickrack look, but I must say it was quite nice!  I'd planned on showing you the end result, but I forgot to snap a picture before I wrote the greeting to the recipient!  Too late...I'll try to remember to take the picture first the next time around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment