Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

No More Cards in the Stash...

Well, I've run out of cards in my stash.  Sure, I have cards for specific occasions, but I have no cards I can send "just because."   So, last evening I pulled out some kits I purchased from Stampin' Up! about two or three years ago when I was a demonstrator.   At the time, I was quite shocked at their contents.   You see.   It was a "mystery bag" kinda thing where I paid a certain amount of money and was surprised with contents (pre-cut) to use to make cards.   I must admit that I wasn't very impressed when they first arrived.   In my time of need, though, they came in handy b/c I didn't feel like thinking a whole lot.   Following is one card I made.   I credit Stampin' Up! for the color combination of Purely Pomegranate, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, and More Mustard.  


While this card is rather basic, I find its color combination quite attractive.   One of my favorite techniques is to use my punch to alter the paper's corners.   I love this look!   I used the stamp set Circle Circus as the images on the card front, and I used an assortment of greetings on the insides of each card.   I used "Best Wishes," "Many Thanks," and "Birthday Wishes," which means I can use the cards for a variety of occasions.   Or just because. 

No comments:

Post a Comment