Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Anniversary & Vintage - Always a Challenge

While I love the look of vintage, I rarely make that style of cards myself.   It just so happened last evening that I needed some anniversary cards for some upcoming celebrations.   So, I came up with the following (very, very simple) vintage-style anniversary card.   This is a first for me.   I combined two challenges into one.   (I am usually challenged at anniversary cards for some reason.)  
 
Below, you see three different card views.   The top view doesn't allow you to appreciate the stamping I did (two-step, meaning that I first stamped the image onto another sheet of paper and then stamped the lower-toned image onto the green card stock), though I think the sponging (done in Old Olive) shows well.   I sponged both the die-cut doily and edges of the green card stock.   I added one of my all-time favorites of Stampin' Up!'s brads (vintage) to the center of the doily.    I then stamped a vintage image onto the bottom part of the card's inside.   So, if you have an anniversary coming soon, you may see this card again - in your mailbox!  

 
This second card image has my nosey cat, Smokey, as the backdrop.    She didn't understand why I wanted her out of the way of my photo-taking.    So, I decided she wins.    Again.  

 
Below is a better shot of Smokey and the card.   Oh, what would I do without my feline companions.    My goodness!   Who (besides you, by blog followers) would show interest in my creations?!



So, there you have it.   My first-ever Jennifer-designed vintage creation.   Vintage can get a lot more complex, but until I become more accustomed to or interested in this style, I'm gonna stay simple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment